What You Need To Know
Puppy Training Price, Duration, Schedule
Puppy Training Price
$160 for 4 x 1hr training sessions.
Puppy Class Schedule
- 1 training session per week, over 4 weeks.
- Classes run on weekends.
- Day 1: introduction, commands like sit and come, socialization, reading and understanding dog’s body language.
- Day 2: wait and down, introduction to stressors, socialization.
- Day 3: drop command, talk about feeding and treats / how to avoid obesity in dogs, resource guarding (with toys, food bowls), staying in bed or going to bed when asked, socialization.
- Day 4: outdoor activities if the weather is nice – lead walking, socialization, graduation.
Puppy Training Location
At Jersey Road Veterinary Hospital (176 Jersey Rd, Woollahra, NSW 2025)
What You And Your Puppy Will Learn
Training Topics, Commands, and Skills
- Sit pretty, and
- a surprise command.
Avoiding Problem Behaviours
- Toilet Training
- Resource Guarding
- With dogs and puppies.
- With other people.
- With objects and sounds.
- Walking on a lead
- Learning dog’s body language
- Learning dog communication
- Teaching ‘calmness’ around stressors (like vacuum cleaners, blow dryers, traffic noise, thunder, and fireworks, etc).
How We Teach Your Puppy
Our Training Methods and Philsophy
- Clicker based.
- Positive reinforcement for desired behaviours
- Emphasis on daily repetition for retention.
- Short, focussed training sessions to improve focus and impact.
- Our goal is life-long retention through consistent training reinforcement.
Meet Our Puppy Training Team
Martina’s passion for dog training started 7 years ago when she got Ariel, her first border collie puppy. With her she started training in obedience, agility and disc dog. Martina’s knowledge about puppies grew significantly when Ariel gave birth to four gorgeous puppies of her own, one of which she kept and trained in the same disciplines as the mother. Martina has been running our puppy classes for over a year now, while working as a vet nurse at our clinic, and is hugely knowledgable about puppy behaviour and training. Martina is currently completing her Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Bioscience and aspires at becoming both a small animals and wildlife veterinarian.
Dominika is also completing her Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Bioscience, majoring in Health and Disease, in preparation for becoming a veterinarian. Since 2018 Dominika has been training dogs at the Sydney Dogs and Cats Home shelter, as well as working in the clinic as a vet nurse and running puppy training classes. Dominika’s passion is giving new puppies (and their owners) the best start for a happy (problem-free) future.
About Jersey Road Vet
Jersey Road Veterinary Hospital has been faithfully serving our furry friends in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney for the last 30 years.
We provide professional veterinary services and pride ourselves in having great relationships with both our clients and their pets.
Our Location and Opening Hours
Located in the heart of Woollahra and Paddington, we aim to provide the best veterinary care to your pets.
176 Jersey Road,
Woollahra NSW 2025
Monday – Friday: 9am – 7pm
Saturday: 9am – 2pm
Sunday: 9am – 11am